Living our bi- and multilingualism
HEG Fribourg is proud to have its own Language Center to support and represent our institution’s distinctive culture and trademark of bi- and multilingualism. Staffed primarily with the school’s own experienced and innovative language experts, the Language Center provides a number of services for Bachelor and Master students, researchers, staff and also external users. These services include language skills courses, extensive testing formats (IELTS, telc, DFP, Oxford), applied research, language coaching and support, and collaborations with other institutions.
The Language Center is seeking close collaboration with its users and also with partner organizations. It serves HEG’s own student and research body and employees, but is also open for students and staff at other HES-SO institutions as well as Universities and Unversities of Applied Science in all of Switzerland; moreover, it provides language services for companies and alumi.
Please visit the Language Center in room 210 on the second floor.
- English Speaking and Pronunciation
- English for Human Resources
- English for Human Resources (online)
- Business English
- Business French (Français des affaires)
- Business German (Wirtschaftsdeutsch)
- Conversation classes
- Speaking and Writing
- Scientific Writing
- Effective Presentations
- IELTS Preparation course
- IELTS Independent study preparation course
- English TELC B1-B2 Practice
- English TELC B1-B2 Practice online
- Deutschkurs: Aus Fehlern lernen
Services and support
- 1-to-1 coaching opportunities
- CV/cover letter assistance
- Translation services
- Self-study links (grammar and vocabulary) for English, German and French